Sunday, January 15, 2017

2017 Planner Pages for January


Hi Friends. 
We are half way through January 2017 already.
I wanted to try to blog just a little bit more this year...
so this is me showing up for the occasion!


Here I am in my 2017 Planner.
I'm not sure how I should refer to it other than my planner.
For the last 3 years it has been my DLP... Documented Life Project.
This year we are on our own ...therefore it's just my planner.


But it is no ordinary planner.
I fully treasure my last 3 books and am treating this in the same way
and doing it in the same style.


I picked my word for the year....NURTURE.
It was hard to narrow down to one focus word.
I want to nurture my relationships with God, family and friends.


Week two's PP (planner prompt) was arrow. 
I love the January 2017 StencilClub stencil set. I used the 6" stencil below.
Included in both of these week's planner pages is Mary Beth Shaw's new planner stencils.


I am often asked what supplies I use on these pages. 
This year I took a regular lined inexpensive journal from Staples 
and gessoed every page front and back, as well as the covers.
This was my summer project after rotator cuff surgery on my dominant arm.
I figured it was an easy, slow project that did not take any precision from me.
I just slapped on the gesso, let it dry and turned the page to do it again.


I started from the back page with the last week of the year and set up the calendar format.
That left me with the front half of the book with pages for lists 
and other art work and experimentation. Fun!


I use all kinds of markers and paint pens and sharpies and watercolors and spray inks 
and crayons and gelatos.....
Pretty much anything goes on these pages.
I use stencils and stamps and papers....


On one of my front extra pages
I was practicing with a small gelli plate someone gave me using 
some of Maria McGuire's Be Brave stencil line.
The Breathe and Spread Your Wings stencils.
And Look! There's a RubberMoon sticker from a recent package!


My cover will have many layers before this new year has ended.
Here is how it is starting......
with some of my favorite color as a base paint 
and some PaperArtsy stamps I used in a recent StencilGirl Blog Hop.


Here we go into a new year and a new adventure!
I hope you are joining me!
Happy Arting!

No comments:

Post a Comment