Thursday, June 30, 2016

All You Need is Love


Hi Friends! 
Another TBT stencil hop!
I used Jane LaFazio's Vines Stencil on this stitched pillow.


I used a variety of threads.
I really like the way variegated thread keeps your eye moving across the design.


I used three stitches interchangeably...
The stem stitch, back stitch and chain stitch...
I think it adds interest and movement.


The LOVE is from both Jumbo Vintage Typewriter Alphabet Stencils A-P and Q-Z.


My method is easy.
I traced the stencils onto fabric and painted in the spaces with
a combination of Fabrico Markers and All-Purpose Ink by Tsukineko.
Then I stitched around the design with specialty threads.


The word LOVE without the outline stitching....
The word LOVE with the outline stitching....
It's a subtle difference...
Can you see it?
I feel that it makes a difference so I do it.
I suppose you wouldn't have to!


All you need is love!


I love how it turned out!


Another great StencilGirl project done! 
Thanks for visiting.  See you next time!


3 comments: