Sunday, April 22, 2018

StencilGirl and ReSketch


Happy Earth Day!
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. Rethink. Right?
Each team member was sent two ReSketch journals to play in.
Blank pages! What fun!


I started out playing with the little journal covers and went from there.


I decided to make a little traveler's type of notebook cover
to hold the two ReSketch journals.
The outside cover is Tangerine Kraft-Tex Paper leftover from a previous hop.
I sewed canvas paper to the inside cover.



I used my own Curlicue Wide Borders on the outside covers.
I stenciled it lightly with white gesso 
and used Acrylic Paint Pens to color it.
I embellished the loopy loops into flowers 
and made a nice graphic cover design.





To construct the dori....
 I used notes from a class I had taken on making an Artsy Dori.
Not quite like the original but I love how it turned out!
I decided to start the new year with gratitude and positive affirmations.
So I filled the pages.... alphabetically? LOL


























I love that little pink scribbly design (March 2015 Stencil Kit (4" x 4"stencil)).







There you go! That was fun!
I love my little dori!


And what would a Blog Hop be without a GIVEAWAY??!!!
One lucky winner will receive both StencilGuts
AND a 
Resketch Gift Pack !
What do you have to do to enter? Just leave a comment below.
Then visit these amazing artists’ blogs and comment for more inspiration and extra chances to win!

The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to WIN!
One winner will be chosen at random from all blog comments!
(One comment per blog please.)
You have until Wednesday, April 25th at 11:59PM Central Time to leave your comments.
Winner will be announced on
StencilGirl's Facebook page on Thursday, April 26th.
Blog Hop Order

See you next time!

30 comments:

  1. OH, WOW! You did the whole journal! It's fabulous! All your designs are so creative for each page and the covers! ~Rachel Bell bellbrzs (at) cox (dot net)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such vibrancy. Love that these books are so cute to make an entire project possible.
    Bevtextart (at) btinternet (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, love your journal. The colors, the inspiration, the art... awesome!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little journal - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely and colorful journal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful project! Love the dori cover you made, as well as how you doctored the ReSketch notebook covers. The inside art was fun, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic pages.
    they are so colorful and happy.
    You have a treasure.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow- this is so much fun. Love the amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love your pages and cover and everything! Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So amazingly colorful! What a beautiful idea to do alphabetical affirmations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, this is wonderful. I always love your journals. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the alphabet journal! How fun is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG. Now I know why they saved the best for last. Although, that's not entirely fair to the rest of the group... I've loved them all! But yours was more my style. Thank you so much for sharing this. And happy Earth Day.
    -becs Middleton
    becsflowers@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so enjoyed your colorful pages! So much to look at and you've included so much inspiration! Beautiful details! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This project looks really fun! It is so bright and cheery. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved how you used the journals! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH WOW!! loved each and every page xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So colorful and happy! I’m so inspired by your project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such colourful happy pages....I love it!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cannot begin to thank you enough for this post - so many incredible ideas in this post. I am SO inspired! Just an amazing trove of beautiful pages. Almost speechless with delight!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Awesome project!!! Colors are simply stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the whole thing! Scrumptious! I really need to use the alphabet idea on a project. I really like it every time I see people use it but have never done it myself. Great example. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the walk thru your book! Please enter me in the GiveAway! Hugs~ deb

    ReplyDelete
  24. That boho mandala circle is magical! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the embossed insects, beautiful art work!
    Sanna

    ReplyDelete