Thursday, August 15, 2013

Anatomy of a Page

Every page starts out blank.
You have to start somewhere...
So I began with some architectural inspiration in Toronto.
The framed edge (above) happens to be from the hotel mirror.

I fill my art bag with pens and markers of all kinds.
During my down times, I spread everything out in front of me.
Here it happens that it is all over the hotel's bed.

More architectural influence....
I changed this man around to suit my purpose.... 
Since my husband was here on a business trip I thought it appropriate.....


...Adding more lines and details and colors....... 

The spread evolved over a couple days time.
Sometimes stepping away from it helps.
Coming back to it the next day can give ideas on what to do next.
 
 
And here is the finished page......
Some pages I feel are awesome....
Some pages I can't wait to turn to the next one and be done with it!
This one was in the middle.
I love some of the design elements...
And some not so much.
 
I hope this answered some of the questions
of how I get from Point A to Point B.
 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love all the doodles around the business man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic free drawing. Like you you move through the page, so fluid. Love it. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I love seeing clearly how others create. It shows me what I have, and what I need, to try to have a similar result. You really do some beautiful work Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really like seeing your progression, Janet! It's magical!!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete