Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday

This one started with a thick black gel pen.


This week, a friend sent me a link to this fun, zen-tangly design. It came from a blog called 'Art With Mr. E". He is an art teacher in Nashville. I was looking for something different in my Daily so I tried it.... a couple different ways, and a couple different shadings. It can look very three dimensional if you let it. And it looks totally different with the kind of pen you start with.
http://artwithmre.blogspot.com/2010/05/line-design-w-shading-steps.html

They look like silly hats.


It reminds me of ribbon candy.


 These last two are with my super fine gel pens, Neocolor II crayons, a pale olive copic, and markers. It's fun to see the progress. I might use the design in my Daily again. It added a lot of color and movement. I used it as borders but there is so much more potential.




Be Brave and try somethig new!









No comments:

Post a Comment