Friday, September 20, 2013

Daily

September 7, 1979 is the day I met my husband.
Happy Anniversary Honey!
We were car flirting on a long drive
from the west coast to Ohio.
Anyone else ever car flirt???
 

I found some incredible stamps from Lost Coast Designs
at the CREATE Chicago vendor's mall.

I found Gary Hirsch's Bot Joy Blog.
Wow that guy is a genius!
Go read it and you will want to make some yourself!

For some reason this has become another favorite spread.

 
Here I was inspired by a Chagall painting I found in an art book.
The cut out of it has been sitting on my table, looking at me.
I wanted to do something for 9-11.....
Something to commemorate the heavy tragedy.
The leaping man over the city seemed right.

 

 
I used a glaze pen resist on this.
The bird is from a Tracie Lyn Huskamp StencilGirl stencil.
Swallows Stencil S038 

And last but not least.....
Happy Birthday to my sweet son in law Shawn!
He loves sushi... 
I messed up the Crystal Lacquer
covering the sushi rolls to make them shiny.
I was impatient.... so after awhile I put the heat gun on it.
It made parts of it bubble up. Oh well.

 
Happy Arting!
xoxo



5 comments:

  1. Bot mania, love it. Those bots are so cute and colorful next to your black and white. You are the princess of everything! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet your art journal pages are GREAT! The 911 tribute with leaping man, really wonderful. Your style and journal are unique, thanks for sharing.

    Peace,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Love your pages and the size of journal you use. Your 911 page is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are great journal pages, I wish I could doodle like you doodle. It looks stunning.
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pages. fantastic doodling!!

    ReplyDelete