Thursday, March 15, 2018

StencilGirl and Etchall Hop


Hi Stencil Friends.
Here we are at Day 2 of the StencilGirl and Etchall Hop.
In an effort to "reduce, reuse & recycle"
I looked around my house for objects to etch 
using these Etchall Products for our current Hop.


I found vases and glass frames galore... all possibilities....
 but settled on this broken white mug.


I cut the stencil to fit the size of the mug.
Following the directions on the product labels was pretty clear and easy.



Adding color to the etched design was not hard either.
The etching creme took the shiny glaze off leaving a rougher matte surface.
 I experimented with pens and different markers.


Fabrico Markers, Pitt Pens and Sharpies are what I liked using best.
Then I kept adding layers of color till I liked the finished results.


Voila'! A pretty pen holder for my art desk.






GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive an etchall® Glass Etching Bee-ginner Kit,
reposition/reuse stencil spray
AND a $25 Gift Certificate to StencilGirl Products!

Enter to win by leaving a comment below.
Then be sure to visit the other blogs in the hop and comment to win.
The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to WIN!
One winner will be chosen at random from all blog comments!
(One comment per blog please.)
You have until Tuesday, March 20th at 11:59PM Central Time to leave your comments.
Winner will be announced on
StencilGirl's Facebook page and etchall’s Facebook page on Wednesday, March 21.

Today's Hop List

 Thanks for Hopping along with us!


26 comments:

  1. This is simply lovely! I have never tried anything like this but I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding color is a nice touch. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool ! Love the watercolor effect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pastel colors - love the stencil you chose - always love a good recycled project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of adding color to the etched areas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't have thought to try & color it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Imagining the possibilities. bailey (at) BaileyFiberArt (dotcom)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this was something new -- etching something that was a color! I know that Joe R. has said you could color the etching but I've never seen an example. How marvelous your broken cup looks! I thought it was a small vase at first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, thanks so much for choosing my stencil Loopy Ladders for this beautiful 3D project! And thanks for spreading the word that stencils can be cut down for whatever specific project is at hand. May I have your permission to re-post this in my blog? -- giving full credit to you, of course. I may have given you my blog link already, but in case I didn't, here it is -- http://heartworkbycecilia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute Janet! I love that you found a creative way to repurpose a broken mug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great way to rescue the broken mug! I find it helpful to know that the etching works on ceramics, and what you used for coloring - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty and
    useful also!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your new mug, it's beautiful and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. super smart to use a "broken" item and make it new again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors.
    Fun to have something pretty
    for our workspace too.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! I like the stencil you used. It looks great on the mug. This has been a very helpful and informative hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice of stencil and love how you added colour to the etched part!

    ReplyDelete