Friday, December 15, 2017

StencilGirl Meets Emerald Creek



Hello Stencil Lovers!
It's Day 3 of our StencilGirl and Emerald Creek Blog Hop.
There has been some fabulous art presented.
I picked 4 different embossing powders for my project.


I cut some cardboard roughly to book cover size
 and played with layering and textures for awhile.
It needed more color so I used copic markers
 on top of some of the embossed areas which made for Great Pops of fun!


I love this one... using the Bullseye Stencil and 
both the positive and negative impressions of the What's The Point Stencil.



One of the cardboard bases had a crackle paint texture from a previous playtime.
I thought how cool it would be with snowflakes for contrast.
Again, I tinted some of the white embossed snowflakes with copic markers.
I love the pastel snowflakes on that deep blue background.
The What's The Point Stencil is in there too.


I used the Planner Winter Symbols 6 stencil for the snowflakes
and a white Sakura Glaze pen for writing the words.
I poured the embossing powder over the inked words when they were wet,
 then heated it...not sure if it would work. But YES it did!



Another one...


Using Curlicue Wide Borders this time and just playing.
By this time I saw the endless possibilities of colorizing the embossed design 
so I only used the white embossing powder and then colored with alcohol markers
as well as the Tombows and Pitt markers I regularly use.


I used spray fix on the finished covers and then did a coat of
Liquitex Matte Varnish.


I bound these into little art journals with watercolor paper cut to size, 
book tape and waxed linen thread.
Even the binding has the Repetition Stencil on it.



The inside covers of the books have their own unique flair.
I cut decorative scrapbook paper to size and did a quick stenciling over that.


There you go.
Lots of play and lots of fun!
What wonderful gifts these will make this holiday!


Thanks for visiting my blog today.


GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to StencilGirl Products
AND a $25 Gift Certificate to Emerald Creek!
***AND Seth Apter is giving away his original artwork created for this hop, too!!!***


Enter to win by leaving a comment below.
Then be sure to visit the other blogs in the hop and comment to win!
The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to WIN!
One winner will be chosen at random from all blog comments!
(One comment per blog please.)
You have until Tuesday, December 19th at 11:59PM Central Time to leave your comments.
Winner will be announced on
StencilGirl's Facebook page on Wednesday, December 20th.
 
Blog Hop Order

December 13

December 14
 
December 15










40 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love your beautiful books so much, Janet! Awesome designs, layers and colours! Pure eye-candy and so inspiring! TFS!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Janet! Looks like you had some great fun time with the stencils and embossing powders!! I love the first one negative and positive as well so cool!
    Great designs on each,though!
    Thanks for sharing! ")
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the inspiration. Beautiful books! (Annie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas presents, indeed! I'll bet your recipients love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous set of hand crafted books, Janet that showcase the EP's and stencils wonderfully . Just perfect for Christmas gifts that I'm sure will be very well received . Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, I want to make a book like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb, lovechandmade books, brilliant way to show off techniques.
    Bevtextart (at) btinternet (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first words that came to mh mind is: "This is so cool". I love the looks you created for your books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work. These make me happy! Thanks
    karen.kijinski (at) gmail (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really amazing!! Love the tutorial what a great idea to use copic on emboss!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such bright and lively covers.
    Playing with color is so much
    fun and you get unexpected
    happy results.
    thanks for sharing.
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The books covers are fantastic! Fun, fun, fun!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous! Love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my ! Your covers are so beautiful ! margessw@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the journal covers!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That crackle with the snowflakes is SUPER inspiration inducing!!! and great tip about the sakura working with the embossing powder!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You truly are an inspiration, Janet!
    Love the way you experimented on the crackle paste and embossing onto wet pen ink! Wow! Really happy you are on this hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of these book covers are so beautiful, Janet! Love the snowflakes one in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As someone who has not used embossing powders before, it was helpful to see you use the powder with regular ink and also your use of markers on top of of the embossed powder. Thank you! Beautiful books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. I love seeing how these came together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great, fun journals. Love the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your choice of embossing powder colors and coloring the white to fit the project, They are so fun and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such sweet and funky little books! I love the copic on top of the embossing. Great project - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great combinations & use of powders. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  25. Janet I love how you used the SG stencils and Emerald Creek products to make your journal. suzschultz23(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these covers, especially the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I dont know how you think this stuff up, but I always love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the way these book covers came out - the stencils and techniques are perfect! Love the colors, too! janisgraham (at) yahoo (dot com).

    ReplyDelete
  29. These little books are fabulous! I love the idea of using alcohol markers over the white embossing to create even more Pop! Very special gifts these would be indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How cool are these book covers! Love the different techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  31. There will be some very happy journallers with these.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great colourful books, inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful covers ! Love the idea of coloring the white EP, it can be so helpful !

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely covers... I need to remember to use my powders more

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful journals. What wonderful gift for someone. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete