Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Little Birdy Love

Just finished on my longarm machine....

I loaded two of these wall hangings on at one time.
I don't always do this, but if they are small, two make the work go faster.
These birds are from a kit offered by Sue Spargo.
Sue is a local woman who teaches wool applique internationally.
She offers an ongoing monthly class which I am lucky enough to be involved in.
Awhile ago we all worked on these birds.
The thought behind this is for everyone to start the same...
but by adding our own individual embellishments and style,
they all become uniquely our own.
Well, quilting these two inspires me to want to finish my own Birdies..
But I will show you Debbie's on the left.

Sue is an excellent teacher in that she challenges each of us in different ways.
Whether it is improving stitches, using exotic new threads,
or thinking outside the box in the colors you choose.










Check out all these Drizzle Stitches.



 In the last couple years
we have really been deep into embellishing
with embroidery stitches and beadwork.
It's a lot of fun ....but it is really time intensive.
Debbie's turned out great!
 When I finish mine I will show you.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that that you can make cash by locking special sections of your blog / website?
    To start you need to open an account with AdscendMedia and embed their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete